Beginning your own dropshipping enterprise is not as complicated as you presume and it comes with some superb advantages like being your own boss, working from home. Regrettably, most aspiring entrepreneurs do not get on with their business because of these three things:
● I do not have the time to run a business
● I do not have the money necessary to invest in this company
● I don’t have some of the capabilities and skillset to run an online company
All these are nothing but excuses. To get your business off the ground most of your time and money in the beginning with be associated with setting up your online store/website and that does not cost a lot and can be done in a single day. There are many pre-made templates you can use for your store or you can hire a professional to it for you. But before all of this, you will need to register a domain name and buy web hosting for your website/store. You can read more about that here.
Why do you need a web store for our dropshipping business?
You can’t promote a product online if you don’t have a web store. The web store is the part your clients see, the location they purchase their product from. They don’t see and even care how business is conducted. A web store needs to be easy for the clients to browse and will also need to be visually pleasant and welcoming. Today it is very easy to set up a website. The process is automated and these are the steps you want to follow to set up a WordPress internet site. WordPress is among the best and easiest to get started with. First of all, you will need to get your domain and an internet hosting package.
Register a domain name for your online store
Since the web relies completely on IP addresses and not domain name names, every internet server requires a Domain Name System to interpret the domain name to the IP address. An accurate domain makes it more easily accessible for your customers.
A good domain name will enable your store to be easily found by potential clients and to rank high on the search engine results page. In deciding the words and phrases of this domain name, you need to hold the following in mind:
● The name must be relevant to your company;
● The name should be simple and short;
● The name should be easy for people to remember;
● The name should be descriptive about what kind of products you are selling
How to choose the web hosting for your dropshipping website
If you have chosen and registered your domain name then you should go on to the next step which is purchasing web hosting for your future online store. There are a very large number of hosting companies online that offer their services. Here are some tips on how to choose:
● Check reviews and evaluations as well as comparisons between different web hosting providers.
● Make certain the host is offering WordPress
● Verify that the host runs cPanel, DirectAdmin, or some different similar platform. With this capability, you will be able to set up WordPress with just one click.
After registering a domain name and buying web hosting comes the next step – installing WordPress. WordPress is the easiest way to establish your online presence. With one click you will have up and running a website. WordPress takes care of all the technical stuff and all you need to do is focus on providing content for your site. WordPress is totally free and can be used to create any kind of website from blogs to online stores.
How to choose the appropriate WordPress theme for your dropshipping website
One of the best features of WordPress is that you can customize it to fit your needs and taste. You can do this through various themes which can also be installed with a click of a button.
There are a couple of matters you need to think about when deciding which theme to use for your website:
– Simplicity -The purpose of your online store is to sell products to your customers. For this, you will need a them that is simple and that helps the products to be displayed as best and as clearly as possible. A theme that is rich in content and can divert visitors’ attention away from the product’s presentations.
– Responsiveness – Today people use various devices to surf the internet and very likely your visitors will also visit your site using computers, tablets, or phones. Because of this, your them must be responsive which means that it will adjust its layout to be able to be properly displayed on every device.
List your products on the web store
When your website is up and running you should start listing your products. Make sure your products are clearly described and all details are provided to the clients. Things like price, features, delivery, guarantees are clearly visible. Make sure you have several pictures of each product so that customers can see it from all angles. It is also very a good practice to group products into groups for easier navigation.
It is a good idea to create a separate page where you will list special discounts, deals, and new exclusive products. This is a good way to get visitors coming back to check and see what is new or what is offered at a discount.
Have a sign-up form and build your list. This is one of the things every online entrepreneur must do. Place a sign-up form on your store so that your customers can leave their email in order to be notified when new products are listed. This is the best way to get returning customers to your store.
You should always make sure to include a Contact Us page and update it regularly. The contact us web page is employed to provide clients options on how they can contact you to provide you remarks or ask questions.