Amazon Mechanical Turk (MTurk) is a service that you can use to make money online even if you do not have any experience or special skills. The system is based on the idea of crowd-sourcing, which means that many people join together and complete small tasks in exchange for payment. MTurk was originally created by Amazon as an experiment, but it has grown into a huge marketplace where companies post jobs they need to be done and workers who are paid to complete them. If this sounds like something you want to try out, read on!
What is Amazon Mechanical Turk?
Amazon Mechanical Turk is a crowdsourcing internet marketplace that allows requesters to post tasks and workers to then complete these tasks for rewards. Tasks can be as simple as copy and pasting text from an image, tagging objects in images, or transcribing video. Requesters are given the tools they need to make their tasks as easy to complete for workers as possible.
Workers are able to choose which jobs they want, when they want and can perform multiple different tasks at once. These rewards come in the form of monetary compensation provided by requesters on a set pay scale or through points that can be used to get gift cards. There is no limit to the number of tasks you can complete and your hourly rate is only limited by how fast you are able to perform them.
The MTurk platform is a great way to tap into the collective intelligence of global citizens. With tasks ranging from data validation and research all the way up to survey participation, content moderation, or even machine learning development, this site helps companies harness workers’ skills while streamlining their business processes in order for them to provide necessary service where demanded.
How much can you make with Amazon Mechanical Turk?:
The earning for tasks you complete on Amazon Mechanical Turk varies, but it is easy to see how much you can make when you work. The tasks or jobs on the Mechanical Turk platform are called HIT’s which is short for Human Intelligence Task. Every task pays a different amount of money for successful completion and how much you can earn for each task you can see in a separate column in the list of tasks. The more you work the more you will earn, it depends on you.
You can start making money online with Amazon Mechanical Turk by completing many different tasks and then getting paid for your work and effort. Make sure to read all of the information on each task you’re interested in performing before taking it. Pay more attention to things such as time limits or specific requirements. Pick hits that you can finish successfully in the shortest amount of time.
Why should I use Amazon Mechanical Turk?
Amazon Mechanical Turk is a place to work online. You can do simple tasks that take more or less time, ranging from less than a minute up to several hours. This is why this platform is an excellent side hustle for people who have free time on their hands and want to get some extra money working from home.
It’s an easy way to make extra cash on the side. The pay rates vary anywhere from $0.01 – $15 per hour depending on what task you’re completing and how difficult it is as well as how fast you are able to complete it. The best part about working here? There’s no need for any fancy software or equipment – just your computer and internet access.
There are thousands of hits available at all times. So if you are interested in making some extra spending money working on simple jobs online you can join today and you will certainly find something that fits your skills and experience.
How Mechanical Turk Works?
The requesters are those that post tasks on the MTurk platform. They can tap into an on-demand workforce through their flexible user interface or integrate with them by integrating one simple API and utilizing crowdsourcing power from workers globally.
They offer tasks to be completed by micro workers looking to make some money by working on various tasks involving surveys, transcription, tagging, classification, sorting, image labeling, translation, and other kinds of tasks that require human intelligence.
You can start by going to the website and sign in as a worker. It is important to know that not all hits will be available to you from the start because some requesters require that you have a certain qualification before you are allowed to work on hits. You will usually have to pass certain tests of having a number of successfully completed tasks to qualify.
What are the drawbacks of using Amazon Mechanical Turk?
- It can be hard to get approved.
- You can be paid in money if you have US bank account otherwise you can only choose to redeem your earning in Amazon gift card and use your earnings to purchase stuff from Amazon.
- You need qualification for access to certain HIT’s. Most of the qualifications are easy to get but some have high requirements like large number of completed HIT’s
- There are many tasks that you might find uninteresting or even unpleasant to do, for example, transcription jobs can be very tedious and boring. Make sure that you keep track of the time it will take before committing yourself to a task so that you don’t spend hours upon hours doing HITs only to realize in the end that you will not make any reasonable amount of money.
The benefits of using Amazon Mechanical Turk
- It’s free to join. You don’t need to pay anything to join Amazom Mechanical Turk as a Worker. Anyone from anywhere in the world can join and start making money online working from home.
- There are lots of tasks available at all time. Also many of the tasks are easy and any person with no experience can finish. Most of the tasks require certain qualification which many workers can meet.
- You don’t need any specialized software or expensive equipment to work on Amazon Mechanical Turk. A computer or laptop and good internet connection is all that is needed.
- It is excellent online side hustle to get exta money working online in your spare time. It is flexible and you can work anytime as much or as little as you like. You can work half an hour a day or six hours a day, you choose.
Easiest HIT’s on Amazon Mechanical Turk you can start with
There are many HITs available on the platform at all times. If you are a beginner here are some of the easiest ones you can start with:
- Surveys. They are probably the easiest HIT’s and also many pay decent amunt of money. They will require few minutes to coplete ad no spcial skills are required, just be honest and provide the answers that are required from you.
- Image transcription. Thy are also fairly easy tasks and they require attention to detail and good typing skill in order to finish them faster and earn more money in an hour. You will be required to type a text from an image, usually a bill or a business card into given form.
- Photo moderation. You willhave to look at photo and decide if there is inapropiate content like nudity, partial nudity, violence, hate, crime or any other forbiden categories according to given guidelines.
- Product categorization. These type of HITs require that you assign proper category to items. You will be provided with an image of a product and must select a proper category like “electronics”, apparel”, “food” etc.
The world’s largest marketplace for work is Amazon Mechanical Turk. It’s a place to get paid for working on simple tasks, that anyone can do. Mechanical Turk as an income stream is flexible and available to everyone. A word of advice, with so many different hits available it is hard for beginners to choose the best one for them. If you are new to MTurk choose one or two types of hits and focus on them until you master them and only after move on to other types of hits.